Radon machine tracking
Hello ISN Masters,
I have a suggestion for ISN mobile that would be a real life-saver. It would track radon machines.
We currently have 6 radon machines and 5 inspectors who set radons. Keeping track of where the machines are is labor-intensive and cumbersome and sometimes very confusing. Here is what I propose:
- add a page to the current ISN mobile app
- addresses that are associated with radon show up similar to the weekly calendar view- maybe 3 days previous history, day of, and 3 days looking forward (could be a tab on th "my inspections" page under "last two months")
- addresses are listed by day and have color coded block with Inspector color, PLUS a radon color- for example green for not yet set, yellow for set and not picked up, and red for set and ready for pickup, black for set, picked up; for those already set, date/time the 48 hrs expires
- to alter, inspector could press address to open next page, which would have client/realtor info, call people, and also three SELECTABLE fields: field for radon being set or radon being picked up; clock field for time of set/pickup as appropriate; and machine number (we number ours 1-6, for example, not serial #s)
- this data would feed into an ISN page that our office manager (or any of us) could see on the computer which had a map of the radons that are scheduled, set, or ready for pickup
- an internal timer/clock feature would turn the radons red once ready for pickup and would send a text message to office manager and inspector at the expiration of the 48 hours
- perhaps could also have a tie-in w/ISN calendar that populates the calendar with the radon pickups that "time out" at the 48-hr point
This may be difficult- I don't know. However, we lost track of two radon machines this week, and one of those mistakes cost me $500. The other one may cost me future business with that realtor. We will try to come up with a better internal tracking system, but as we grow this will only get more difficult.
Appreciate any help, and we need it. Please let me know if you have any questions about this suggestion.
BTW- the map feature you set us up with has been EXTREMELY helpful for us in reducing drive times between inspections and making our schedules more efficient. It has kept us on-time and able to handle more inspections, which is money in the bank. Thanks!
sounds like you could use a few more radon machines, that would solve many of your problems
It would be nice to be able to look at the grid at Inspections>View Inspections and have 2 fields in addition to the inspection date. "Radon placement date" "Radon retrieval date". This could then feed a widget "What's going on today" and list the radon placements and retrievals. That would help a lot.
Doug Low commented
Thanks Glen, so do you set up a separate inspection on the ISN for the radon test? or how do you trigger the email reminder?
Glenford (Glen) commented
We have 4 of these, and we create an email reminder template that goes out 2 days after a radon placement schedule date is confirmed. In addition, the agents or home owner, places the equipment out for pickup and calls or texts us. Works pretty well.
Doug Low commented
Tracking and coordinating inspection tasks is the first feature I requested over 4 years ago prior to signing up with the ISN. Radon machine tracking is a big problem for us too. But goes beyond that to other tasks with in one inspection. I know this is a big project and understand that Chris has been working on it.
Getting to your solution would be great. For now, if we could simply link an inspection task to the calendar that would go a long way! It could be any task, like set a radon test, retrieve a test, do an indoor air quality test, sewer scope, well test.... what ever. Notify the proper people (resource) and flag a task when it is complete. All linked to the same inspection (OID.)
Presently, we have to enter it on the calendar, duplicating (many times if you have many tasks for one home inspection) or duplicate the inspection on the ISN, which is way too confusing and way to costly for one inspection with many tasks. $4 bucks per task adds up when you could have three tasks for one radon test.
The ISN does so many wonderful things, but falls way short in this area. We can track and coordinate things like payment, signatures and reports. Providing a way to track various (editable) tasks, in my opinion, would be the most productive tool in the ISN.
How do you presently coordinate/schedule these tasks? By hand or software?